Monday, January 11, 2010

Happy New What?!


Sorry my blog family I have forsaken you toward the end of last year. I started a transformation at the turn of the new year. During the last two weeks of December, my boyfriend and I moved back into the city. With the help of the foreclosure gods, we came to the decision that we would give up our home for something more affordable. It was a struggle, but we are starting to emerge from the pit of uncertainty and defeat we put on ourselves. We are realizing what may seem like the worst thing in the world may be what you needed all along. Our household will dust off the shackles of debt and poor living choices and will find ourselves victorious in the end. It is horrendous taking a three bedroom two car garage and condensing it into a two bedroom apartment. We are not very happy about the lack of privacy and the shared living space, but we know this is a step that we must take to be where we want to be.

It is a new year and most of us make resolutions. Most will break the resolutions and in a month reach for that cigarette or eat that piece of cheesecake or let the treadmill become a dusty clothes dryer, so why put ourselves through the frustration? I look back every year and say, "Damn, just think if I would've been steadfast to my resolutions?" This year I have vowed not to take part in the resolutions ritual. I've vowed that the changes that I want to make now and in the future will not become a burden. I don't have to be a slave to my own convictions. I can flub up, look in the mirror and feel that I am not a disappointment.

No comments:

Post a Comment